”The Policy of Honesty – The Might of Right and The Expediency of Principle,” were words which appeared in large type across the top of the first page of The Advance when it was first published in September 1871. Now, celebrating its 145th Anniversary this September, many changes have taken place in printing, personnel and location, but the spirit expressed then continues today.
The Advance is the oldest operating newspaper in Brookhaven Town, and the longest continually operated business in the Village of Patchogue. The paper covers the entire southern portion of Brookhaven Town, Blue Point to East Moriches and north to Medford.
We now offer a digital edition as well as web advertising.